Friday, March 14, 2014

Breakfast Club- Johnathan Saunders

I was asked to blog about my entire experience from this trip. As I reflected about this, my mind gravitated toward an iconic movie called The Breakfast Club. I could see many parallels between our group from the onset of our trip. What a site to behold. Students from all walks of life crammed into two vans, who barely know one other were traveling two states away to live in an unfamiliar place for a week. We all had reservations about each other, but remained open minded. After each day of service we would gather around and reflect on the days activities. As a group we become closer each day until we felt close enough to call one another friends. We learned more about nonprofits, community issues, and what we can do to help on this trip than we ever would through a book or class. This post doesn't do our group justice, but I think it captures the essence of our experience. We are Bears, we are students, we are active citizens, we are friends, and we are the Breakfast Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment