Friday, March 14, 2014

Clay Stacy - Indianapolis Experience

My experience on this trip has been amazing! I knew coming to Indianapolis that I wanted to go into social work for graduate school. However, I was unclear of what direction I wanted to take it in. Hearing from Linda Proffitt at Peaceful grounds that she was a social worker, and the work that she does with agriculture. Then hearing from Mary Provence at Rebuilding The Wall that she was a social worker, and the work she does within here community was amazing. It helped me realize I can do whatever I want with a masters in social work. It was also so amazing hearing there stories and how passionate they were about the issues that they take care of. It made me cry to see how much change took place with the passion from their hearts.
Overall, this trip helped me discover my future, my leadership ability, and new friends. I'm glad that I had this experience. I'm also excited that I learned more about agriculture, so I can take that information and apply it to the Peace Corps. This trip makes me even more excited for my future and the future of the others in my volunteer group. I want everyone at Missouri State to have this experience at least once, so that they can take away their own experience and apply it to their community. It really helps you discover who you are and bond with others so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment