Friday, March 14, 2014

Envisioning Change - Alex Johnson

One week of exposure to social issues facing a community was all it took for a group of college students to come together and envision change for their own communities.  Food insecurities, poverty, and agriculture were topics with which we got hands-on experience this Spring Break.  Those learning experiences will hopefully transfer to Missouri, along with awareness of these issues.

I am taking away from this experience knowledge, skills, new connections, and a sense of pride to be a Missouri State Bear.  I love getting my hands dirty, and one of my favorite experiences was working with Linda Proffitt of Global Peace Initiatives.  What she does for the Indianapolis community is beyond belief, and she gave me several opportunities to take part... while getting in the dirt and having fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment