Friday, March 14, 2014

So much fun alternative trip-- Boun Sengpraseuth

The immersion trip semi elevated my understanding of how volunteering contributes to helping the community. I learned to really empathize with the leaders of different organization. In other words, listening to individuals stories and the obstacles that they had face allowed me to really visualize their situation. Doing different repetitive tasks, and "living" their life have gave me understanding because I able to feel the hard work that goes into the mudan jobs. For example, going to Linda's farm and racking the land all day, knowing that she relies on volunteers to help her get different tasks done gave me a perspective that volunteer contributes by helping the organization to regulate which then helps the community by distributing food, soil or house.  I didn't really gain much experience in volunteering, besides learning how to paint. I wish that there were more people interactment. I was hoping to go to a homeless shelter, or even a school to talk, or feed the people. All and all the most that I can get out from this trip is questioning what I really want to do in my future. For some odd reason, this trip had trigger on what I really want to do in my life and getting to see the people who developed their own organization and live their life doing this and seeing how happy they are makes me question is it really worth pursuing something that I semi enjoy. I guess I come out from this trip questioning and examining my future decisions. Seeing others loving their jobs and hearing their challenging obstacles makes me wonder. Oh! The group was cool and I am glad we all became friends. All of the people that I had work with, all have such a big hearts and I am quite thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment